Leaving Cannock Chase on tree lines roads we soon head out into the countryside, riding over Blithfield Reservoir and on to the steepest climb of the day, Buttermilk Hill, at a modest 13%. We take you through the pretty village of Tixal which is one of wonderful architecture which will keep your eyes occupied as your legs spin. Finally, we lead you over a final climb into the Chase before heading back to base. Camping is available, email email@example.com for details.
|Location:||Route Lengths & Cost:||Start times:|
Penkridge Bank Road,
On the day*
Fun, short, medium:
08:00 - 10:15am
08:30 - 10:30am**
08:30 - 09:45am***
Event centre closes: 5.00pm
Note: These are approximate distances and may vary slightly depending on the road conditions and weather on the day. If you wish to change the route distance, please tell a member of the RideIt! team on the day.
† 16 and under when accompanied by a full paying adult
*£2.50 surcharge for on the day entries.
**Course clearing begins at 10:45am however we will not overtake the last rider.
***A cut-off time will be imposed for the long loop to ensure we are able to clear all of the signage. The cut-off time will be advised at registration and during your rider briefing.
Evans Cycles RideIt! organised rides are the best value rides in the country. Every event features:
• Mechanics and broomwagon at all events
• Free Garmin demo units
• Gore Bike Wear Demo at selected events
• GPS files published before the event
• Fully way marked routes and waterproof map
• Electronic timing and rider times published online
• Bike wash facilities at off-road events
• Well stocked High5 feed stations
• Free High5 RacePack if you sign up 4 weeks in advance, half price if you sign up 2 weeks in advance
This story was last updated on 14/10/2013