On Evans Cycles headquarters home turf, this sportive is well researched by the Evans Cycles staff! We’ll guide you through our favourite riding towns and villages, and introduce you to some of the best climbs. A ride through Ashdown Forest is one of the highlights of this route, and it’s a glimpse into some of the riding ground covered in our 100+ mile challenge ride, King of the Downs, which takes place later in the year.
|Location:||Route Lengths & Cost:||Start times:|
James Watt Way,
On the day*
Fun, short, medium:
08:00 - 10:15am
08:30 - 10:30am**
08:30 - 09:45am***
Event centre closes: 5.00pm
Note: These are approximate distances and may vary slightly depending on the road conditions and weather on the day. If you wish to change the route distance, please tell a member of the RideIt! team on the day.
† 16 and under when accompanied by a full paying adult
*£2.50 surcharge for on the day entries.
**Course clearing begins at 10:45am however we will not overtake the last rider.
***A cut-off time will be imposed for the long loop to ensure we are able to clear all of the signage. The cut-off time will be advised at registration and during your rider briefing.
Evans Cycles RideIt! organised rides are the best value rides in the country. Every event features:
• Mechanics and broomwagon at all events
• Free Garmin demo units
• Gore Bike Wear Demo at selected events
• GPS files published before the event
• Fully way marked routes and waterproof map
• Electronic timing and rider times published online
• Bike wash facilities at off-road events
• Well stocked High5 feed stations
• Free High5 RacePack if you sign up 4 weeks in advance, half price if you sign up 2 weeks in advance
This story was last updated on 23/01/2013