Both routes on this tough ride start with a climb and a descent into Coldwell Clough, where those on the full route medium split off to climb up to the top of the classic Jacobs Ladder, before a great descent into Upper Booth. There is a road climb up to the top of Mam Tor, which leads riders to Rushup Edge, around the Roych and back into Coldwell Clough to rejoin the Short route which climbs up the side of Kinder reservoir before heading out to Lantern Pike and the descent back home.
|Location:||Route Lengths & Cost:||Start times:|
|New Mills School,
On the day*
08:00 - 10:15am
08:30 - 10:30am**
Event centre closes: 5.00pm
Note: These are approximate distances and may vary slightly depending on the road conditions and weather on the day. If you wish to change the route distance, please tell a member of the RideIt! team on the day.
† 16 and under when accompanied by a full paying adult
*£2.50 surcharge for on the day entries.
**Course clearing begins at 10:45am however we will not overtake the last rider.
The cut-off time will be advised at registration and during your rider briefing.
Evans Cycles RideIt! organised rides are the best value rides in the country. Every event features:
• Mechanics and broomwagon at all events
• Free Garmin demo units
• Gore Bike Wear Demo at selected events
• GPS files published before the event
• Fully way marked routes and waterproof map
• Electronic timing and rider times published online
• Bike wash facilities at off-road events
• Well stocked High5 feed stations
• Free High5 RacePack if you sign up 4 weeks in advance, half price if you sign up 2 weeks in advance
This story was last updated on 07/03/2013