This is one of our hardest rides, and we’ve cut down the distances to reflect that. Set in the Peak District National Park, it’s certainly one for rewarding views and includes a catalogue of well-known climbs up to Oldgate Nick, Bunsal Cob, Mam Tor and Snakes Pass. Our riders will pass through Edale Valley and along the shores of the Lady Bower Reservoir. This is no easy spin, but our riders will certainly see some of the highlights of the Peaks.
|Location:||Route Lengths & Cost:||Start times:|
|New Mills School,
On the day*
Fun, short, medium:
08:00 - 10:15am
08:30 - 10:30am**
08:30 - 09:45am***
Event centre closes: 5.00pm
Note: These are approximate distances and may vary slightly depending on the road conditions and weather on the day. If you wish to change the route distance, please tell a member of the RideIt! team on the day.
† 16 and under when accompanied by a full paying adult
*£2.50 surcharge for on the day entries.
**Course clearing begins at 10:45am however we will not overtake the last rider.
***A cut-off time will be imposed for the long loop to ensure we are able to clear all of the signage. The cut-off time will be advised at registration and during your rider briefing.
Evans Cycles RideIt! organised rides are the best value rides in the country. Every event features:
• Mechanics and broomwagon at all events
• Free Garmin demo units
• Gore Bike Wear Demo at selected events
• GPS files published before the event
• Fully way marked routes and waterproof map
• Electronic timing and rider times published online
• Bike wash facilities at off-road events
• Well stocked High5 feed stations
• Free High5 RacePack if you sign up 4 weeks in advance, half price if you sign up 2 weeks in advance
This story was last updated on 08/07/2013