How to Enter
We recommend you reserve your place on the RideIt! of your choice in advance. You can book online or by calling our contact centre, +44(0)1293 574900 .
Simply click on the event to add it to your online basket, read and agree to the RideIt! event terms and conditions, login and pay. Print out the confirmation email and bring this with you to the ride.
On the day entries are available on a ‘first come, first served’ basis and providing pre-booked entries have not sold-out. There is a £2.50 administration surcharge for on the day entries.
Before you arrive
1. We will send you a pre-ride email to confirm details for on the day. We also update the RideIt! Blog with event news. Before arriving to ride at RideIt! we strongly advise that you check that your bike is in full working condition.
2. Wearing a helmet is compulsory at all rides. If you arrive without a helmet you will be refused entry and your entry fee refunded. View our range of helmets available to purchase online.
On the Day
1. Arrive and register at the event center from 08.00am. You will be given a timing chip, FREE Waterproof OS route map & FREE SIS energy product. Start by heading to the start line when you are ready. You will be given a rider briefing to explain the course signs and important route information.
Start times are as follows:
Registration Open: 08:00 - 10:30
Long Route Riders Start: 08:30 - 09:45
Fun/Short/ Medium Route Riders Start: 08:30 - 10:30
Last entry to the Route: 10:45
Event Centre Closes: 17:00
* Challenge rides-King of the Downs and King of the Pennines have alternative staggered start times - please see individual event pages.
3. There is a mechanic and drink stops en-route but we advise you take spare food and drink as parts of the routes are rural and not near shops.
4. All of the routes are marked with arrows and marker ribbon. Follow the direction of the arrows and if ribbon is on your right, turn right (if the ribbon is on your left, turn left).
We are very careful to clearly mark our routes and check them before the ride, therefore if you find that you are cycling along and you have not seen an arrow for a while; stop, consult your map, check with other riders or find a landmark and give the team a call.
5. Finish and report to a member of the RideIt! Failure to report back may result in you being presumed lost and emergency services being called.
Finished the ride and changed your route? No problem just let us know when you hand your timing chip back.
Standard Entry Prices:
• Adult - Fun road route £7.50
• Adult - All other routes £12.50
• Child - 16 and under) - FREE
*On the day entries will incur a £2.50 surcharge. Special prices are available at certain rides (Night Rides, King of the Downs, King of the Pennines, TCR Show RideIt!) - see the relevant event page for entry fees.
We’re passionate about cycling and enjoy nothing more than instilling that passion in younger riders. That’s why all kids under 16 years of age ride free when accompanied by a paying adult. By purchasing an event entry you agree to our Ride It! terms and conditions.
A donation from every RideIt! entry goes to Leukaemia and Lymphoma Research charity.
This story was last updated on 26/10/2012