We will be riding on great singletrack beneath the Mentieth Hills, taking a jaunt through the Queen Elizabeth Country Park and spinning along Loch Venacher. The long route has an extra element to it as it goes on to loop the Glen Finglas valley with a long climb up and a smasher of a descent to get back down. This is mountain biking as it should be, at its most remote.
|Location:||Route Lengths & Cost:||Start times:|
|McLaren Leisure Centre,
On the day*
08:00 - 10:15am
08:30 - 10:30am**
08:30 - 09:45am***
Event centre closes: 5.00pm
Note: These are approximate distances and may vary slightly depending on the road conditions and weather on the day. If you wish to change the route distance, please tell a member of the RideIt! team on the day.
† 16 and under when accompanied by a full paying adult
*£2.50 surcharge for on the day entries.
**Course clearing begins at 10:45am however we will not overtake the last rider.
***A cut-off time will be imposed for the long loop to ensure we are able to clear all of the signage. The cut-off time will be advised at registration and during your rider briefing.
Evans Cycles RideIt! organised rides are the best value rides in the country. Every event features:
• Mechanics and broomwagon at all events
• Free Garmin demo units
• Gore Bike Wear Demo at selected events
• GPS files published before the event
• Fully way marked routes and waterproof map
• Electronic timing and rider times published online
• Bike wash facilities at off-road events
• Well stocked High5 feed stations
• Free High5 RacePack if you sign up 4 weeks in advance, half price if you sign up 2 weeks in advance
This story was last updated on 07/03/2013