Evans Cycles Ride It!
Terms and Conditions
The Terms and Conditions detailed below apply to all entrants participating in the Ride It! event series organised and operated by F W Evans Cycles (UK) Limited (herein after referred to as Evans Cycles). Completion of an entry form or purchase of an entry by every participant acknowledges acceptance of these Terms and Conditions by the participant.
- The participant accepts that the event they are entering is not a race in any format. Results will not be published in time order only and anyone considered to be competing against others will be stopped from riding and banned from entering future events.
- The participant is fully responsible for their actions whilst attending the event. This includes the event centre and during the ride itself. Evans Cycles do not accept responsibility for the actions of the participant nor the consequences of such actions.
- Each participant is responsible for providing their own insurance protection for their participation in the event. Payment of the Event Entry fee to Evans Cycles does not include any insurance protection for accident, sickness or negligence of any individual participant. Any accident or injury caused by the rider’s actions will be the full responsibility of said rider.
- Each participant will be fully responsible for any fees or costs incurred or arising from an accident either involving or caused by the rider. This includes, but is not exclusive to, fees from Police, Air Ambulance, Fire and Rescue and the Ambulance service. If the situation arises that you are not capable of making the decision to call the emergency services, the rider agrees that a member of Evans Cycles or a member of the public may call for them. In this situation, the rider still accepts the costs and consequences of such actions.
- Each participant, upon signing the registration form, agrees that they are physically and mentally capable of riding the distance they have chosen. If, during the event, they decide to change their route and distance, then all consequences of this action are theirs.
- The Event registration form must be completed by a person aged 18 years or over. Evidence of age may be requested by the Event Organiser. Participants under the age of 18 years will be allowed to participate in the event with the consent of their parent or legal guardian who must sign the Event Registration Form on behalf of the under age rider. Signing is also an acceptance for the actions and consequences of the underage rider.
- The participant agrees to wear, as a minimum, a suitably designed cycling specific helmet during the whole riding section of the event. Evans Cycles reserve the right to refuse entry to the event to anyone with inappropriate equipment or clothing.
- The participant confirms that the cycle they are riding for the event and all of their equipment is of a suitable standard and state of trail/road worthiness. In particular, mountain bikes should be capable of performing for the longest distance ride available, and over rough terrain.
- During the event there will be warning signs at appropriate points on the trails or roads. Absence of these signs does not signal there are no dangers approaching and it is the individual rider’s responsibility to make a decision regarding whether to ride a section or not. The marking of the route does not necessarily indicate that the trail or road is rideable and the participant is deemed to make their own decision about whether to proceed on bike, foot or not at all.
- Any marked route is shown for guidance only and Evans Cycles do not insist that you use the route shown. Therefore if the rider chooses to ride a section, it is entirely their own choice. If they choose a different route to avoid obstacles or sections they decide are beyond their capabilities, they do so entirely at their own risk.
- The participants agree to return to the event centre at the end of their ride and report to a member of staff. Not doing so will mean that a search may be organised and the subsequent cost will be billed to the rider.
- By entering the event, the participant consents to interview(s), photography, audio recording, video recording and its/their release, publication, exhibition, or reproduction to be used for promotional purposes by Evans Cycles and its affiliates and representatives. You release Evans Cycles, its officers and employees, and each and all persons involved from any liability connected with the taking, recording, digitising, or publication of interviews, photographs, computer images, video and/or or sound recordings. The participant waives all rights they may have to any claims for payment or royalties in connection with the publication of these materials. The participant also waives any right to inspect or approve any photo, video, or audio recording taken by Evans Cycles or the person or entity designated to do so by Evans Cycles.
- Event entry fees can not be refunded or transferred under any circumstances. Any free products offered as an incentive to purchase an event are to be collected at the event. In the case of a no show by the entrant these items will be withdrawn and cannot be sent or collected after the event.
- If Evans Cycles cancel an event due to circumstances beyond their control, then all participants will be refunded for their entry fee only. Evans Cycles will not be responsible for any costs or payments made by the participants with regard to travel or accommodation in conjunction with the cancelled event. With the full refund Evans Cycles also withdraw any offer of promotional goods that were included free with entry.
This story was last updated on 04/03/2013